JavaWallet is a checkbook and finance utility to store, maintain and display transactions and information about your accounts.
Items such as bank
and financial institution names, account numbers, payments, deposits, balances, splits, securities,
number of shares and contact information.
The Following files can be created when new Accounts are opened:
The asterisks ("***") in the file names stand for the account number.
- "zzJW#***.ai" files contains information about the account.
- "zzJW#***.csv" files are used for account transactions.
- "zzJW#***S.csv" files (optional) where "splits" can be kept.
- "zzJW#***C.csv" files (optional) are for categorizing transactions.
- "zzJW#***I.csv" files (optional) are for Securities (Bonds, Stocks, 401K, Mutual Funds).
The "zzJWPayee.nm" file is where the names of payees and payers are saved.
Additional optional files can also be set up from the File Menu options:
The question marks ("???") stand for a chosen identifier (Example USA for Social Security: zzJW#USAP.csv).
- "zzJW#???P.csv" files for Annuity or Pension disbursements.
- "zzJWPayable.csv" file for tracking bills, recurring expenses, receivables and their information.
- "zzJWTrackable.csv" file for tracking items loaned out or wished for. The what, who, when and where.
Appropriate dialogs prompt as needed for data used to populate the above files.
Reasons to use this personal financial record keeping and tracking utility:
A donation is required to download JavaWallet.
- Your accounts are all managed and contained in one place.
- Your accounts can be stored, maintained, printed and displayed.
- Your bills (payables) can be conveniently stored with their information and have ALERTS.
- Multiple accounts can be open and viewable on the desktop concurrently.
- Link to web sites (via IE) if provided by clicking on the address in "Contact us" and "Update Account".
- You can "Cut and Paste", "Drag and Drop" between accounts of the same type.
- All JavaWallet files can be updated (if need be) with any "Plain Text" Editors (a basic one is built-in).
- Online updates with Excel CSV format downloads where available (a two steps process: convert and import).
- Optional Security: Username/Password pair and encryption/decryption of accounting data.
- It is completely written in Java. Suggestions and new features are easily incorporated.
- Source code can be made available for further personalization and customization.
- It is cheap, flexible and easier to use than Intuit Quicken.
- A package is also available to keep track and perform various analyses and researches on stocks, mutual funds and cash accounts to give a more complete view of your portfolio.
- Why pay for bells and whistles and clutter when only basic (but rigorous) accounting is needed?
- With Microsoft Money no longer available for purchase why leave the field to Intuit Quicken alone?
- Wish List: Links to free online services offering the financial "bells and whistles". No need to duplicate.
- More reasons as they are thought of.
(On the first download click, a Paypal prompt shows what happens next.)
Latest version dated: 2017/05/02
TarchonTec - © 2008-2017 TarchonTec.com